1997 AHS Award of Merit Winners
The AHS Award of Merit is given to signify that a daylily cultivar is not only distinctive and beautiful, but has also proved good performance over a wide geographic area. The Award of Merit is made each year to only ten daylily cultivars. To receive an Award of Merit, a cultivar must receive votes from at least one-half of the established regions and not more that one-third of the total votes credited to the cultivar shall come from any one region. To be eligible for the Award of Merit, a cultivar must have received the AHS Honorable Mention Award no less that 3 years previously and will remain eligible for 3 years.
The list below presents the ten 1997 AHS Award of Merit winners, their hybridizer and year of registration, and the total number of votes received.
- SILOAM OLIN FRAZIER (Henry, P. 1990) 93 votes
- JOE MARINELLO (Stamile, P. 1989) 83 votes
- WINEBERRY CANDY (Stamile, P. 1990) 81 votes
- JAN'S TWISTER (Joiner, J. 1991) 79 votes
- TIGERLING (Stamile, P. 1989) 76 votes
- PAIGE'S PINATA (Hansen, R. 1990) 67 votes
- DARK AVENGER (Salter, E. H. 1988) 59 votes
- SILOAM RALPH HENRY (Henry, P. 1988) 57 votes
- WITCH STITCHERY (Morss, M. 1986) 57 votes
- MY DARLING CLEMENTINE (Salter, J. 1988) 54 votes
1997 AHS Award of Merit Runners-Up
The list below presents the ten 1997 AHS Award of Merit runners-up (plus last one ties), their hybridizer and year of registration, and the total number of votes received.
- EMPEROR'S DRAGON (Munson, R. W. 1988) 53 votes
- SPANISH GLOW (Salter, J. 1988) 53 votes
- LAYERS OF GOLD (Kirchhoff, D. 1990) 51 votes
- SPIDER MAN (Durio, K. 1982) 51 votes
- EYE OF NEWT (Salter, E. H. 1988) 50 votes
- JUDITH WESTON (Gates, L. 1989) 46 votes
- KATHLEEN SALTER (Salter, J. 1989) 45 votes
- CHINA BRIDE (Guidry 1989) 44 votes
- UNIQUE STYLE (Carpenter, K. 1985) 43 votes
- FAIRY FILIGREE (Salter, E. H. 1990) 41 votes
- KENT'S FAVORITE TWO (Kirchhoff, D 1988) 41 votes
- WALKING ON SUNSHINE (Salter, J. 1989) 41 votes
[AHS Home Page]
[AHS Awards Page]
(c) Copyright 1997 by the American Hemerocallis Society, Inc.